Friday, July 16, 2010

Our trip home in the rain....7/15/2010

Because everything went so well (relatively speaking) and we were feeling good, we were able to leave the hospital a day early - yeah!!! This recovery already is SO MUCH EASIER than with Cash - in fact, I now realize how really extreme and traumatic my first delivery was! I am SO GRATEFUL this time is so much better! I was really able to enjoy the delivery and afterhours so much more! I feel extremely blessed - thanks to all who had us in their prayers - I truly felt it!
In the hospital we compared Griff to Cash and didn't think they looked much alike, but after looking up pictures of Cash when we got home I think they look more alike than my initial impression - we'll see what you all think!

Griffin right after his scrub bath and shots - first time he actually liked being swaddled! I had to get a picture of his peaceful moment!


Ok - here is for comparison - this is Cash going home from the hospital on day 3 of his life! (keep in mind he is 2 lbs. heavier and 2 inches longer - so much bigger than little Griff)

Here is Griffin on day 2 in the same outfit in the same seat! However, unlike the US the chinese don't use car seats so he was actually in a baby bjorn on my chest for teh ride home!!! But I wanted a straight comparison so had to put him in! What you think? Does he look like his big brother?

It was the perfect day for me to come home because it was overcast and pouring rain!!! For those who know me well know this is my favorite type of day - so it didn't feel like the july we have gotten used too with crazy high temps and humidity - it was like a present to me!!! My friend's driver picked us up so we didn't have to take a taxi, which was also so nice considering all our stuff! I just wish i had taken a picture when we arrived!

Before we left we got a family photo - I can hardly believe I am now mother of 2, family of four, and still queen of our roost among all these great boys!

Griff in what will be his bed for next 7 weeks! My good friend loaned us her pack n' pla! So nice considering cribs here are SO hard...just ask Cash! Think he is jealous!

Chip's office sent a beautiful fower arrangement of flowers at the hospital and it totally brightened up the room and made it smell so good - i LOVE cala lillies and the smell of lilies! They are my favorite - and Cash was excited about taking a pic next to them!

This experience has definitely been unique, scary, overwhelming, painful, rewarding, faith-promoting, spiritual, and just so many more emotions for me! I am glad we were able to have the opportunity to live in China for these past few months and that the birth was a success here - at times I didn't think I could do it!
However, now it will be cool for Griffi to say he was born in China for the rest of his life! For all future babies - I plan on having them in the US! I did really like my Dr. and nurses though here! They were wonderful! For all future moms who might plan to deliver in China - I just have one piece of advice, however: Plan on going natural, because epidurals here are apparently different than in the US!!! :)




4 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh my word...they look completely identical in those two pictures! How fun. It will be interesting to see if they continue to look alike. I'm glad you're back safely in your apartment. I can't believe they don't have car seats...that's so weird! Loves!!

Lindsey said...

I am so happy for you guys, isn't it crazy the difference two pounds makes at that size!! I will call you in a few days, here in cali things are a little busy!!

Suzie Soda said...

What a cute family. Glad you are home safe and sound
xoxo.

Lindsey Lee said...

You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I love little griffin. Good choice on the name! Way to stay strong after laboring for so long!! So proud of you!