Monday, August 16, 2010

Dirty Floors and Dirty Knees!



Today started off as "one of those days"! Griffi woke up too many times in the night and I was way TOO tired, then insurance problems at the Dr. office with the crazy chinese receptionists, then the Dr. gave hime hte wrong prescription for his reflux and had to fix that - which on a side note is a bum deal - feel bad for the little guy that it hurts him every time he eats - what kind of life is that when you are eating all day long and it causes you pain, right? Anyways - and te cab driver almost got us killed on the way home by side-swiping a bus - so a real winner morning!

However, then I was finally home, arriving to greet my very happy 2 year old and ready to take on the task of cleaning the house and organizing things! Chip leaves for work and I am cooking myself some breakfast - at 11 am - yummy oatemeal with fresh peaches and I am starving and really looking forward to it. I have the bowl in hand, and am walking to the front room to see why Griffi is screaming, and Cash wants me to help him open his Mentos...I lean over and get him his wish, and continute walking when my bowl slips from my fingers, crashes to the floor and shatters - flinging oatmeal ALL over the wood fllors, glass everwhere, and a very ANGRY mommy! That was my last peach, and I am so hungry and too impatient to cook more - so knowing i have ruined my yummy breakfast I am even more upset. It must have scared Cash because he was now crywing, Griffi is screaming, and I am trying to figure out how to get the mess picked up fast and make my chilren quiet! (sigh)

At this point the pone rings - my lifesaver friend and neighbor is calling to see if we want to go outside and enjoy the nicest day in beijing! Looking around at all that needs to be done I probably should have said no - but i needed an outlet, and so we got the bubbles, the basketball and the stroller and off we went! It was great!

Cash is a true boy - he was so dirty by the end we had to come in and take a 2nd bath already today - the pics above dont even adequately show how dirty he really was - and they definitely don't give off the wet dog smell he had! Ew!

Anyhow - on a happy note - Griff has gained another lb. and so is now 9 lbs. 7 oz, 22.3 inches long, and is growing a ton for his 1 month stas (even with all the spit up!)
I also got him baby zantax and am excited to help him feel better and spit up less!

Here's to hoping the day gets better - happy Monday!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

at that point I probably would have sat on the floor to eat my oatmeal with a spoon off the floor. Sorry for the bad day but I am glad you got some outside relief!!!

Suzie Soda said...

Wow..maybe you better stay in bed tommorrow :)