Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!


55 today!
We love you Grandpa - eat yummy cake for us!
Good luck blowing out ALL those candles!
55 reasons I love you!
1. He makes the best Dutch Oven dinners EVER!!!

2. He looks the same as he did 20 years ago --- hasn’t aged a bit!!!

3. He is calm and never yells!

4. He gives great advice!

5. He shows me he loves me and my siblings through ALL of his actions

6. He has the priesthood and has given me so many great father’s blessings!

7. He is SUPER GENIUS SMART!!!

8. He writes me letters – ALL of which I have kept and read whenever I need a boost!

9. He helps my mom with ALL the chores around the house!

10. His face when he is losing at HEARTS!

11. He buys flowers not just fo my mom, but for me and my sister on Valentines (takes care of ALL his girls!)

12. He is best scouter ever – fun to go hiking!

13. He is a great example of someone who magnifies EVERY calling he gets – and is a great Bishop!

14. He is a great chef and makes my favorite dish ever for me – Chicken Parmesean!

15. For my wedding, I wanted something really bad that turned out to be more expensive than I had budgeted for – and he knew I wanted it so he told me just to do it anyways! (thanks dad!)

16. H e came to every one of my basketball games, all my dance competitions and does that with ALL 6 kids (even when dancing might not be his favorite)

17. He makes our yard look so pretty and loves nature!

18. He is the best grandpa ever and loves playing with Cash and holding him!

19. He is encouraging and can always say the right thing to make me feel better!

20. He is the hardest worker!

21. He is humble and never wants glory for anything!

22. He is healthy and works out daily to stay in good shape!

23. He is a great example to all dads of what a great father is!

24. He is fun to watch shows with – especially REALITY shows (I know you really love American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance J )

25. He is so service oriented and would be there for anyone who needed him!

26. He knows the answer to everything!

27. He appreciates the simple things in life!

28. He has taught me how to set goals – and go after them!

29. He is fun to play croquet with!

30. He likes to listen to me play the piano!

31. He was fun for me to rollerblade with up the canyon while he rode his bike!

32. He has a good sense of humor – altho the snake thing was a little much for me dad!

33. He is compassionate towards others and has a tender heart!

34. He is Honest!

35. He is fun to be around and talk about all sorts of things with.

36. He shared his love for reading with me!

37. He can’t carry a tune, but he always tries and sings along anyways!

38. He loves to play games, but hates to lose!

39. He is awesome on the grill!

40. He is active and ready to go on any adventure!

41. He is fun to go on trips with!

42. He puts his familie’s desires above his own and makes sure we are all taken care of!

43. He can make funny faces and sometimes be silly and makes us laugh!

44. He loves holding babies and I can’t wait to introduce Griffin to him!

45. He is so awesome we wanted to name our little guy after him!

46. He keeps an open mind and is not judgemental!

47. He loves my mom and treats her so well!

48. He is fun to go on road trips with – and will listen to Harry Potter on tape (chip – you should try this some day!)

49. He liked all the Harry Potter books!

50. He is kind!

51. He only likes one kind of jeans – because he says they are the only kind that fit right (wonder where we all became picky about our jeans from?)

52. He can do a great White Whale dive!

53. He always is trying to be better and inspires us to do the same!

54. He is my go-to man when it comes to thanksgiving dinner and cooking a turkey! (and makes best Stuffing ever!)

55. He is my one and only dad – and THE BEST DAD TO ME EVER!!!!

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Thanks Steph! I love you too!

Phyllis said...

the prior comment was really from Dad, but he doesn't have a gmail account so used mine.

What a great blog tribute to your dad. He loves you so much and I remember when you were born how much he loved holding you and looking at you and seeing every new move you made. He IS a great dad and you kids are very lucky to have him.

Suzie Soda said...

What a sweet post for your dad. He is a great guy and we are so glad Phyllis ended up with him. She was living with us for a short time while they were dating but he was in Hawaii. He wasn't used to calling long distance in his family. We knew when he called her in Illinois....it was true love. And we have always loved Dave too. xoxo