Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Music

Music is powerful!
It can bring out a smile, get us up and shaking our booties, make us cry, touch us deeply, help us feel the spirit, help make cleaning more fun, etc etc
Music has the ability to bring about all sorts of emotions in us, and also creates memories or ways of remembering certain events in our lives.

This morning while I was running on the treadmill I was listening to my ipod and thinking about how much I love music and its meaning in my life and I was taken back as song after song came on to many a different place and times in my life - including when I was dancing and praciting every day to a certain song, a song that I listened to over and over when I thought I was in love with a boy one summer, the songs I listened too when I was actually falling in love withChip, songs I put on my playlist to help me get through my half-marathons 1.5 years ago, songs that were great and played at EVERY dance when I was a freshmen at BYU (go backstreet boys), a song that always makes me sentimental and want to cry, songs from a great movie, songs that just make me happy and feel good about being me, etc etc.

I was amazed at tinking about how fast a mood can change by just hearing a song, and how many of my best memories (and maybe some bad too) are connected to songs of that time.
Music is Powerful!

I couldn't live without it!

What is your favorite song right now, or what does music mean to you?

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

What??? I like your comments on music, but what happened to pictures of Cash's Birthday???????

Lindsey said...

I really like listening to Kelly Clarkson when I run, but I need more music for my 1/2 marathon playlist, what did you run to I need fast beats cause I want to run fast...

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Totally agree. There are some songs that if I sing them to Lincoln at night I can't help but cry looking down at his sweet little face. Music is powerful.