Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear Cash:

Today is a special day for me. Although you were born yesterday, I didn't get to hold you until today, on August 19, 2008. You came into this world a big boy back then at 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 22 inches long, and you were the cutest baby I have ever seen and the most precious gift I have ever held in my arms. I was in love with you from the moment you were born, and yet when I got to hold you for the first time I fell even more in love with you. You were such a sweet baby, so alert, so conscious of your new world around you, and just seemed to take everything in. Yesterday when you turned 3 I couldn't help but think back to that wonderful day and the events that took place and being back in the hospital anticipating your arrival and the excitement and anxious anticipation I had about what being a mom would be like. I was so excited to have you in our family, and today I am so excited you will forever be a part of our family. You are so sweet and loving and smart and make every day so exciting.

We had a great time celebrating with you yesterday, and on your 3rd birthday I wanted to write down just a few things you said that I loved. First, you woke up and I heard you singing happy birthday to yourself in your bed. It was early in the morning, daddy was in Chicago for business, and although upon looking at the clock and seeing it was only 6 and wishing I could go back to sleep, I couldn't help but smile as I listened to your excitement about your special day and your little singing voice and then talking about how it was going to be such a fun day. You then came into my room and told me it was your birthday, but you needed to wait for daddy to come home til later tonight to open your presents. "It's ok, you said.....we just gotta wait a little bit longer til daddy gets home, cuz we can't open the presents without him! Cuz that's not good! Don't tell me what is in them because it is a surprise! Shhh! Don't talk about them!" When we went downstairs for breakfast you were sooooo excited to see the table all set up with the presents and cake, and yet you didn't even ask to open them, and were just content to wait til later. What 3 year old is like that? You are really an old soul I know it! You looked at the cake and said "mom, I just love it! I love it so much! Thank you! Thank you! For making my birthday cake for me! I really like it!" (you're welcome my little Cashee......it only took me 10 hours + I think!)

You then commented later in the day when we were at the Botanical gardens and I handed you a water bottle, "oh mom, this is so refreshing!" It had me cracking up, but it really was so refreshing considering how hot it was outside. I love your big words and hearing you use them correctly. On the way home you took a nap for almost the whole 3 hours (yes it took us that long from Richmond due to construction when it should have been 5o mintues). When you got home you said "we better clean up this family room right now so we can have a party - cuz we can't have a dirty house or we can't have a party!" I am glad you cared and even more glad you helped me pick it up and get ready. You were so cute and sooooooo excited for your friends to come over and once they started arriving you never stopped smiling. You were the happiest little guy ever. You kept telling me all day that maybe one of your presents was a big Buzzy! You have told people for over 6 months now that you are getting a big Buzzy for your birthday and I am so glad we were able to get it for you. Your face when you got that gift was priceless. I think if you got nothing else but that you would have been the happiest kid on earth. But you were SOOOO spoiled as well. Your friends all brought you gifts, (with the theme definitely being Toy Story - guess they know you well too) and you were so excited about each one. You knew just what to do and are now a pro at opening gifts. Then it was pinata time. You had fun, but brought your box with big Buzz down with you and I think were more concerned with it then the treats and the bashing of the pinata. I, on the other hand, had so much fun laughing at dad when it was his turn to try to hit it. It made me smile. He didn't even get home til after your party had started, but you were excited to see him and have him share your special day with you. After everyone left you said "mom, that was the best birthday I ever had! That was the bestest day ever! We had such a fun day today!" You really are my son using the word bestest, and I love you SOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOOOO much and am so glad I could share your special day with you. It was a great day. I love you my little 3 year old smarty pants!

Love Mom
(pics to come of the festivities very soon!)

No comments: