Monday, August 15, 2011

SERIOUS MOMMY!!!

Yesterday started off not so good.
Then there was church, by myself with the 2 munchkins.
Prepared for a disaster, it actually ended up going quite well! Cash was an angel during sacrament, being so reverent the entire time, and even telling the kids behind us to be quiet because it was "quiet time"! (Amusing to his mommy for sure)
Griffin was Griffin, and pretty much busy the entire 3 hours, but all in all did great too considering waking up before 6 and having a less than 1 hour nap total by 3:30 pm when church ended. So minus his almost blowout while I was supposed to be playing the piano for primary we did well. (thanks to Rebecca Peterson for playing 1 song for me).

Griff was asleep before we even left the parking lot and so I took him right up to his bed when we got home. I then asked Cash to help me clean up the house by working on the family room. I was in the kitchen, and since normally his helping doesn't really do anything I didn't expect much. However, he came in about 5 minutes later and told me it was all cleaned up. I finished up the last dish and stepped into the family room. It was......SPOTLESS!!!

Literally, the room was immaculate. He had picked up every last toy, put them in the bins, put the blankets and pillows back on the couch, and he was beaming with excitement. Tears sprung to my eyes as I asked him why he was being such a good helper and so good for me today? (he isn't always such an angel) He looked over and said "mom, I don't want you to have to be a serious mom anymore, I want you to be a happy mommy!" My eyes now were blurred by the tears that kept coming, as I realized he had felt my anger and grumpiness and less than happy mommy self. I was soooo happy and so touched and so brought to humility at this point. I told him I was crying because I was so happy and he said "I did it so you would smile mom!" I then smiled big, still with tears pouring down my cheeks, picked up this little boy and gave him the biggest mommy hug I could give. Thank you oh sweet little one for helping me realize things I knew but maybe didn't want to admit....and for helping me have the desire to be the best mommy I can be to my cute little ones. (even if at other times he is telling me I am the worst mom ever and to stop talking to him like that..in my serious voice....and stop counting!) It really was so sweet. I love him and I promise Cash I will try to be more fun and less serious this week!

Later on I asked him again why he was being so good to me all day and he said "mom, I already told you 3 times so you be happy and not serious!" (I guess I must say this a lot too!)

I already told you this Cash, but I love you so much, and can't believe it is going to be 3 years in a few days that I held you for the first time in my arms! You are a great blessing in my life!

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

Sweet! Thanks for posting that Stephanie. Thought I would share the "word verification" that I had this time...it was "chipsy"...funny huh?

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

That is so, so sweet! What a little angel. I would be crying too. I can't believe he's old enough to do/say all that. He sure is different from last time I saw him.