Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Always Fun When Kevin Comes!!!!

We are SOOOOO happy to have a family member living so close to us now. Especially this Uncle! We LOVE uncle Kevin.

Since he moved out here a week ago today we have had him up her for Wed and Thurs, and then also Friday through this morning!!! Good times for sure! We were so happy it worked out and that we got to have this fun time together before he is super busy with his school. Although Friday started off a little shaky, with the car he was buying being sold to someone else at 8 am and us wondering why we even drove down there and what would happen next, things worked out for the best......as they usually do. We found another one, test drove it, and it was even better and nicer than the first, and $1000 less so it all ends well. (pending the registration goes well today). We drove ALL around Richmond ALL day long, as in we were in the car for almost 11 straight hours, and then we got out of there just in time to avoid the hurricane and power outages that they had. Kev's power is still off and I hope it comes on before he gets home. My kids were troupers in the car, and had minimal melt downs/fights, and we were all excited that Kevin came back with us for the weekend.

On Friday night Chip was working late (as in til 2 am on Sat morning), so after the kids went to bed it was just Kevin and me. We were able to just sit and talk for a couple of hours and it was honestly so much fun. I don't think we have been able to just sit and talk like that actually ever before, and I will cherish it forever. I was able to learn all about Hollie and the more he tells me, the more I love her too....I think he has found the perfect girl for him, and I am SO HAPPY for him to be getting married. He will be a great husband and a great father. It was fun laughing about old times talking of funny stories, and just learning more about his life. I feel I have learned a lot this weekend and I love him so much. He is one of my best friends and I wish I could have figured this out years ago, but I am at least glad I have figured it out now and that we live close enough to get to see hopefully a lot of him these next few months.

We had a great time going to Bonefish on Saturday with the whole family, me squeezing us all in the car together and driving in the rain to enjoy the yumminess of it all, playing Monopoly Deal after the kids went to bed, watching a movie and just hanging out. Cash kept asking "is Hollie coming tomorrow?" and is really excited for her to come and to get to see her dog. All in all, it was a great weekend! We hung out inside all Saturday while Chip was at work, watching updates on the Hurricane and staying out of the rain, and we are SO glad Kevin was here to visit. Come back soon! Also, hope you have a good first day of school today too!

So excited to see Uncle Kevin
Silly faces!
Braving the back seat squished btw 2 carseats!
LOVE YOU KEVIN!!!

No comments: