Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Griffin's New Ride!!!

My sister-in-law Anne is my go-to person when it comes to kid stuff. She recommended the BEST double stroller, which we absolutely love, and then the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 carseat. We got one and put Cash in it and planned on moving Griffin to the Britax one Cash was using. However, upon seeing how great it was, Cash telling us it "fit his body so much better mom" then the Britax one, Chip told me to try to sell the Britax one for at least the cost of another one of the Graco ones and we would just get Griffin the same thing. He hadn't experienced the forward facing carseat yet, as he wasn't 20 lbs., and so I had a little time.

I posted the Britax one and within hours had sold it for more than this one - so a nice extra little play money - wahoo!!! Then, got on Amazon and ordered another one at 10 am monday, and by 6 pm Tuesday it was at our house and Griffin was trying it out! O how I LOVE my amazon prime status!!!

Here he is sitting in it for the first time! LOVE at first sit!
He was giggling and so happy and not even bothered that he is strapped in and can't go anywhere!
Love the cupholder, and looks like this is going to be one comfy ride!
Yep, mom - I think I am going to like this new ride!
Griffin LITERALLY (for you, Cheryl) giggled the entire ride from our house to Sam's Club (a 20 minute ride). He was so happy and content getting to see the world a new way. Cash is pretty happy here too!
My favorite pic of these 2 of the day - brothers in matching car seats, having a conversation! So sweet!
And Chip was worried that he wouldn't fall asleep as well in a forward facing one! But look Chip - he was out on the way home in less than 5 minutes of leaving! So no worries!
We also were cleaning out some of Griffin's old clothes and found a few winter hats from last year. Griffin tried on Cash's and he appeared to really like it too! I LOVE this face!
What mom? Caught red-handed!
Cash put on Griffin's hat from last year, which is now an EXTRA TIGHT beanie on his HUGE head!!! I asked him how come he has such a big head and he said "well mom, I think it is because you gave it to me, just like you gave me my cute name - Cash Owen Brown!" It was so funny - and I guess in a way true! I love his big head!
Playing together making more messes while I try to clean!
We had a great time at Pierce's house today, and these 3 sat on the bench outside and Cash told me to take a pic. Piercy, Milli, and Cash smiling for the picture!
The 3 of them had a blast together!
And Griffin might not talk a lot yet, but he sure knows how to growl, and often will say mmmmmmmmm during dinner if he likes his food. He had eaten an entire McDouble and small french fries by himself last night, and then still managed to down some watermelon and icecream. He may be in the 10% for weight, but he is in the 200% for the amount he can eat! I really wish I had his metabolism!!! Lucky boy! We love him and he is so much fun right now! Enjoy!

1 comment:

merathon said...

not trying to rain on griffin's "forward-facing" parade, but wanted to make sure you knew about the updated AAP guidelines for carseats! just want your kids to be safe!

http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/carseat2011.htm