Monday, August 20, 2012

Cashee Turns 4! August 18, 2012!!!


What a FUN weekend we had celebrating the life of my favorite 4 year old!  To say he was excited was an understatement!  Cash has understood the concept of his birthday and presents since he was 1.5 years old and so has always given me a birthday list, told me EXACTLY what kind of cake he wants, and what kind of party!  This year he wanted a pirate themed cake and party.  Being in a new place, and having had a HUGE party last year, we decided to keep it more of a family celebration and then invited one of his friend's families over for dinner on Sunday to celebrate in a pirate matee way!!!  It turned out great and I am glad he said it was the best birthday ever!!! (phew!)  

On a side note funny story so I don't forget.  We were walking through Target when he saw a toy he wanted and told me that he forgot to add that to his birthday list.  I said "you have a birthday list?" He said "yes, but I keep it in my head!"
Me: How many items are on that list?
Cash: about 8 or 10!
Me: Wow - that is a lot of presents - did you know some people don't get any presents for their birthday!
Cash: Mom - that's silly - everyone gets presents - why would they not?
Me: maybe they just don't celebrate like that - or maybe they don't have enough money to do a lot of presents!
Cash: mom - you are being silly- well, you have lots of money!
Me: well maybe we don't!
Cash: Mom - that is silly - dad works a lot! So he has a lot of money - if he needs more just tell him to go to his office and get it - he can get however much he needs from his work!
Me: If it were only that easy! (under my breath)
Cash: Mom - it is that easy! Just go get more money from dad's office! Oh, and I want to invite those people who don't get presents to my party and maybe give them one of my presents!

This little scenario is typical of Cash - he is such a SWEET SWEET boy with a tender heart and is such a good little kid.  He was born innately good and always tries to do what is right!  He is so smart and already knows the first 3 articles of faith by heart and also the Cougar Fight Song - which we sing EVERY night before bed (so now I know it too.....you now know what Chip sings when he tucks the kids in)  He is the best older brother, a great help to mom, loves his little sister and Griffin, and makes friends wherever we go!  Within 5 minutes of being at church at our new ward he already had a new best friend named Owen and he is a pleasure to be around!  I am so glad I have had him these past 4 years to keep my life exciting and fun!  He is sharp so keeps me on my toes and sometimes calls me out when I need it - the other day I was mad at something and he said "Don't get so mad honey!" in this funny tone with an inflection that all I could do was burst out laughing - he was copying how his daddy has said it before and it really actually worked - i couldn't stay mad after he said that and instead we all just laughed and now he says it anytime he thinks I am mad to try to get me to laugh and not be mad! I love this little boy more and more and can't imagine life without him each day!  He is an early bird like me, and comes in always between 6 and 7 every morning, and has worked hard to learn not to wake Griff up too when he gets up!  We have fun and learning time every day now when Griff goes down for naps and I enjoy so much the time we have, just the two of us!  
I love you my little Cashee boy!!!  Happy 4th birthday!


 We had a treasure hunt to find his big present first thing Saturday morning - Griff helped out!

So did Hannah - so fun having Hannah, Emily, and Becky, Ryan, and Ryland with us to celebrate!

 Last clue - found it!

 What's in the box happy boy!

A brand new........BIKE!!!


 Excited to help put it together - saying "this is so awesome" the whole time!


Inside for breakfast and a few presents!

Hungry Hungry Hippos and some binoculars! Sweet!


A new car, and Griff got one for his birthday too so they can play together from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Becky!


Then off to the beach where I managed to not get any pics of the birthday boy, but did get some of Ivy Jane in her new little swimsuit (thanks Danielle) and Cash told his aunts - "yeah, Ivy has this swimsuit and it's blue with white on it and flowers and it's so adorable!"  They thought that was hilarious and we all laughed - altho she is pretty adorable!  And she had fun hanging out with Ryland who is 2 weeks older than her!  She liked him so much she grabbed his face :)



Saturday night mom went to work on making the cake Cash had asked for for his special dinner on Sunday!  Here is how it turned out!  He loved it!  A treasure chest cake!  And boy was it yummy!!!






 We had a great time with the food, creating a fun menu and having WAY too much fun burning the edges and making it even more Pirat-ee! (is that a word?!)  So much fun coming up with ways to make the food sound pirate like!  And it was delicious too!

A picture of the food and the Whale's Tail salad we made!

 The B.O. biscuits were in the treasure chest, the Sparrow's soda, and the Catch of the Day Goldfish!

 Our cute little labels we printed off to put on the sodas - so much fun!



The table!

 Cash was way excited to blow out the candle and actually chose this cake because of the "pop rings" as he calls them (aka ring pops) on it!  Huge hit with the kids!


 Blowing the candle out!

 Lovely treasure in the cake!


 Then  it was pinata time!  Our tree out front made for a great place!



 Griffin got in on the action and had so much fun hitting it too!

As well as watching everybody else hit - love G's face here as Kate swings!




 Cash really wanted to open it so Sarah pulled out a metal bat to help hit a little harder!



 Last swing before dad helped and the candy came out!  
What a great day!
Thanks especially to Aunt Emma for helping me do the dinner, and our family members for making him feel special, and the Sanchez family for coming and sharing his day and giving him an awesome airplane toy present which he loves!  What a great weekend of celebrating!






3 comments:

hillary and britton said...

what an amazing party! Wish we could have celebrated with you guys.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Wow. You should open a cake making business. You just keep amazing me at your cake skills!! And everything else was so cute too. You are such a fun mom. Wish we could have been there to celebrate. Happy Birthday Cash! We love you!!

Adria said...

I love little Ivy Jane's swim suit. Soooo cute. And Cash's cake, WOW! That is awesome. By the way, you look amazing!