Monday, August 27, 2012

Why Life is Great Right Now!!!

I feel SOOO blessed and happy these days and was thinking about why!
First I have 3 great kiddos - and they love each other!  Nothing makes me happier than watching them interact together or with me and showing their love.  I came around the corner the other day to Griffin looking in on Ivy in her bassinet and talking and loving on her.  I couldn't help but grab my camera super quick and capture the moment!  It was precious.  Now he isn't always showing his love - as in yesterday he tried to bite her fingers off and she did NOT love that and screamed for 15 minutes straight hard and loud (with bite marks remaining in her fingers for about 1/2 hour later), but for the most part he is very sweet and tries to love her in the sweetest way he knows how!

Love him!

 He was so into her!

 He was holding her hand and patting her cheek just cooing at her and it was so sweet!

I LOVE this little baby girl with all my heart!  She is so sweet and cute and so much fun - and getting a smile from her just melts my heart.  With her little giggles and smiles each day we just can't get enough of her!!!  Not to mention she is the best sleeper ever and that is great too!  Love my chubbiest baby yet!

And this little boy - is my absolute favorite 4 year old ever!  He is so smart, so funny, and keeps me on my toes.  Besides being able to sing the BYU fight song, he knows the first 3 articles of faith by heart, numerous primary songs, and is just full of life and energy!  He says the funniest things and uses big words daily in the correct way which surprises me, but also makes me laugh.  I love that yesterday at church when we came in to sacrament meeting (which yes is last...ugh!) I sat down and Cash said "how was Relief Society mom?"  When I started laughing and said "good Cash thanks for asking!" he then responded, "but mom, what did you learn in Relief Society?"  Man he keeps me on my toes!  Also, on Friday when I came down all dressed and ready to head out the door he said "mom - you look so pretty! You look as pretty as uh, uh.......uh, as pretty as a button!"  I was laughing for awhile on that but what a sweetheart! (and yes I do say Ivy is as cute as a button a lot I guess!)  

So Yes I feel my life is great right now because of these three little sweethearts who keep me very busy, tired, running, laughing, moving, and happy all the time (or most the time!)

I also feel really blessed to be where we are.  I was NOT initially excited about the move to California. And for those who know me well you probably know that I was, in fact, less than excited and somewhat pessimistic even about it.  I didn't love it when we were here in January-April, and just didn't want to come back.  However, my thoughts have totally changed.  I absolutely LOVE it here.  I love our house (not the fact we are so close to the neighbors or have no yard or pay way too much for it), but I love the inside, only 2 levels, LOVE the kitchen, LOVE the location, and just LOVE getting to start over and decorate and get it all done up again!  I LOVE the ward we are in - it is by far the friendliest, most outreaching ward I have ever been too, (which says a lot cuz we have moved a ton!)  The people are SO nice, tons of young families and kids, great primary and nursery leaders, wonderful families and Bishop, and just already a great group of friends and other girls and moms to hang with for me!  We have playgroups, girls nights, park dates, and tons of other get togethers always going on and I think we are just fitting right in!  That is the biggest blessing I think!  Such a great ward!

Then, I wasn't a fan of coming to a place that has the same weather everyday - perfect as some would say - but to me that sounded not so great because I LOVE the seasons, and especially fall - but I must say - I am LOVING it and enjoying the breezy, sunshiny/overcasty beach days and not getting too hot when we are at the park and outside at the beach and it has been wonderful!  It is especially nice to just open the door and let the beachy breeze in every night!  And I like not having an AC in the house or having to worry about turning the heat on because it is just so perfect inside!  A small savings on the financial side of things but a great perk!  And look at my morning views when I run down to the beach!  It is breathtaking!



 I am close to SO MUCH shopping and retail that whenever I need a break I can just go on over to Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, or World Market, or Home Goods, or Del Amo Mall, Z Gallery, etc etc and we have a Cafe Rio a few minutes away and SO MUCH MORE!!! 
I really must say my life is great right now!  I feel so very blessed!!!


No comments: