Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 6: Go Get Sub-4-Santa Gift!!!

This year our ward had a tree outside the chapel that they asked people to pick ornaments off and buy the gift that was written on the ornament.  They were focusing more on the teenagers in the area as they had a bunch of stuff for little ones.  Teenagers can be hard to shop for because they are picky, and also they want more expensive items.  However, Cash was super excited to pick an ornament, and without knowing picked a great one that I knew would be perfect for us to go get. 
A nerf gun!!! 
My boys LOVE nerf guns and even my hubby loves them so this was great and we had a great time going to get it for our Advent activity.  The greatest part was when we had gotten it and put it in the cart we were walking to get our groceries and Cash was telling Griffin!  "Griffin - (who was holding the box), this nerf gun set is not for you.  It is not for me either!  It is for a teenager whose dad doesn't have any money to buy it.  Our dad has money so we are ok but we need to buy things for him so he has something too......also, mom do you think we could give him some of our cupcakes too?  I think he might like them!"  I explained they might not be good by the time he got the present, but that it was a nice thought and my heart was melted and touched as my little 4 year old got the spirit of Christmas and was so excited about giving this present, especially one he would like for himself, to someone else!  Also, there was a group of people that were near us when the conversation was going on and another elderly gentleman heard and commented on what a good young fellow I had!  I couldn't agree more!  It was a very sweet experience! Happy December 6th!!!!


No comments: