Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merry 6 Months Miss Ivy Jane!

Take 1:  I saw cute picture on pinterest of baby in a present in front of tree and decided to try it out!  However, I learned a few things (such as not the best idea to try this when baby is hungry and tired, especially when the camera person (aka mom) doesn't have the camera set right and has to work on fixing the settings a bunch and the room is normally dark and it is night and the lighting is awful - any tips on settings for inside at night with bad lighting I would love to have your help!!!)  and so didn't get exactly the pic I wanted.....thus I will be trying again tomorrow! In the day. After baby is fed and happy!  However, hubby was home and actually obliging and trying to help and brothers were excited and so we tried! And quite a few came out cute - even if not the happiest.  Sorry little missy sometimes when you are crying I still think you look the cutest!!!  She was getting ready for bed, and at least had just had her diaper changed, so on with the pink santa hat (still girly of course) and off we set! 

Take one with brother in the background helping out...and yes he has on my Christmas candy cane stockings!  Ivy was happy here - and pulling herself up quite well in the box!  She has already pulled herself almost to standing a few times now!

 Sassy face and the the first bout of tears and "get me out of this box" faces!

 Happy girl - Griffin making her smile and looking so cute - although wish the pink part of her hat was showing more!

 Not so sure!

 Deciding whether to laugh or cry --- actually doing both in these 2 shots!

 Ok I will be all right and look at daddy playing peek-a-boo with me!

 "whose over there?" and then "I want to be done!"

 I am gonna climb out and get you Griffin!

"Since no one is getting me food I think I will just eat this box!:"

"I am totally done and now screaming so daddy please rescue me"......and he did!

She is our favorite little "girl girl" as we call her and I can't believe she is already 6 months.  She has started to eat baby food and has mastered the spoon and getting it down and loving it in less than a week (the good part of waiting til 6 months to start the baby food I have discovered), she rolls over and has figured she can keep rolling and rolling if she wants to get something!  She also scoots in a 360 around to get things and has mastered sitting up with cushions and a lot of times with no help at all.  She has already attempted to climb out of her bassinet and if she wasn't screaming so loud I would have grabbed my camera and taken the picture of her when she had her arm over the side with her head popped up after rolling onto her tummy....but scared for her saftey and by her screams I just got her out quickly!  She is the first of my children to require rocking back to sleep in the night and after eating will NOT go to sleep on her own if you put her in your crib....when she sees me walk away she instantly screams and so I am actually using my rocking chair I have never used before!  She giggles at her brothers and squeals and giggles almost every time you go up and down stairs - it is really funny!  She loves people and anyone who will watch her and talk to her.  She smiles and acts as if she knows what you are saying and she LOVES the attention!  She is chubby and squeezable and has the prettiest eyes and I can't get enough of her!  Although this past week she has kept me up at night a LOT due to her having a stuffy nose and not sleeping well I have treasured my time just holding and cuddling her and she brings a smile to my face anytime she is in my arms!  She has started to babble and coo and makes the funniest spitting sounds with her lips and I can't wait to hear what is going on in her little head.  We are all obsessed with her and love her to pieces.  

No comments: