Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dec. 14 & 15: Disney on Ice and Candy Cane Lane!!!

Day 14 was a day of making Salty Toffee Bark for our friends (and us of course!) and then going to Disney on Ice!  Cash was my helper and we got the recipe from my friends blog - blissfully-baking.blogspot.com   She is an amazing cook/baker and all her stuff is delicious so we knew it wouldn't disappoint!  This was super easy and SOOOO delicious - our first time, but definitely won't be our last!  And if you are around come eat some so that I don't eat it all myself!  Chip doesn't love salty/chocolate together and either does mr. Griffin so Cash and I are working on it......gotta deliver it all to our friends tonight to save my waistline! lol












Disney on Ice was SO MUCH FUN!!! Our friends got the box from his company at the Staples center and it came with food and such fun company!  Our kids enjoyed it - Cash LOVED it all and sat and watched it more than anyone else in the family.  I really enjoyed the Tangled portion the most and am still trying to figure out how the two people in the horse outfit could see in order to skate around!  It was a great night and I love all these ladies!  Thanks Jen for the invite!


 Ivy was already in her seat ready to go at this point but we needed a family photo - tired and full of treats but happy!


Day 15 we headed off to Candy Cane Lane - a famous neighborhood where every house is lit up and they do their trees all the same and you can either walk or drive through.  Many driveways have hot chocolate or cookies or popcorn for sale, music playing, and it is just a magical, Christmasy spirit that is so fun!  We walked through with a bunch of families from the ward and had a great time!  Ivy slept the entire time, but since I was pushing the stroller I didn't get any pictures of us there - or the lights!  On a side note it would really stink to live there and try to get in or out of the neighborhood the whole month long because of how much traffic is going through there.  We walked a lot faster than any of the cars went through.  Also, although it was fun it has nothing on some of the neighborhoods in Utah we always visit! However, you can't walk around looking at lights in Utah since it's so cold so that is something that was awesome for us!

After wards we went over to Handel's Ice Cream - for some yummy treats - yes, another perk of Cali - you can go walk around and look at lights outside and then get ice cream in December!  How fun is that?!  Since icecream is my favorite treat of choice you know I loved that! (although I was actually full from dinner and didn't have any!)
Here Ivy finally woke up and I snapped a picture of her in her cute little polar bear hat!  She is so stinking cute and funny these days!  I love her chubby chubby cheeks!

 Daddy and Griffin enjoyed banana cream pie and mint choc chip icecream cones!  And yes Griffin insisted on wearing a scarf like mommy and Cash - doesn't it look so cute on him!  Love Burberry! My husband's looking pretty good here to eh?!!!

It was a great weekend full of Christmas magic and Spirit!!! (especially after my 10 hour shopping day in which I didn't get a single thing I wanted - boo!!!)
Merry Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: