Tuesday, January 8, 2013

House Decorating Projects!!!

I have debated whether or not to decorate this house since we moved in....and in the past 4 months had decided not too, since I figured we most likely would move again and it would be a waste.  But after looking at the walls and having it not feel like home enough I decided my New Year's resolutions would include decorating, and just making sure I got pieces I loved and so if we do move I would still like them in a future home.  It just feels so much more like a home with pictures up and spaces filled.  Thus, I set out.....and since I feel I am not the best at decorating I asked my friend for some help.  I pretty much bounce all my ideas and she has given me great advice.  Her house is amazing and I love her style so I try to follow it and use is as my model!  I started with something small - the front entry way - which was a perfect place for me since it is not a huge space and I already had the shelf and table in place from the Christmas decor!  

I absolutely LOVE how is turned out ----- and although Chip hates the bunny and wants to take it out I like it.....but I might take it out in the future since he apparently REALLY dislikes is - or just use it around Easter - what do you think?!??




 My family room area I have been looking for a big armoire and finally found the perfect piece.  I got the steal of the century on it too!  It is great for hiding the cable box, and DVD player, and ALL the toys.  It fits right in for my beachy theme and I am so glad I found it and it was even cheaper than I had planned on spending for this piece.  Can't wait to work more on this room....pics of that to come later!


This morning as I got ready I stepped out of the bathroom to find Griffin doing this - cuddling up watching a music video on the Ipad!  Technology is amazing these days - and even more amazing is how young kids are that can use these things!  What a great lazy morning for him!

 Brother joins in!
            

Saw me snapping pics and so he said Cheese!!!

Happy January!!!








1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love it! It looks so good and it's so nice to have a complete and decorated house, especially if it is for a short time because then you feel at home and settled. But I am with chip a little on the rabbit, but I don't love many animals in decor. Also I'm so curious what steal of a century means when it comes to the armoir, it's fabulous!