Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012!!!



This Father's Day was a little different for us! Why?! Well, because our daddy was miles and miles away out in California.  But we still managed to celebrate for/with him via web cam and in honor of him we had one of his favorite dinners I make - lasagna!!! Grammy was here, and Greg and Suzie came for dinner so that was fun - but we sure missed having this AWESOME dad above home to give hugs to all day and pamper.  We will probably celebrate it again next week when he is back!

However, this guy is pretty much THE MOST AMAZING dad/father and husband any of us could ask for.  I was thinking about how great he is and why I loved him so much and talking to the kids about him and thought I would just share a few things he has done as of late as to why he is such a great dad...I could really go on and on but just want to share a few really fun things he has done lately for the kids that make him such a great dad!

#1:
He decided the Saturday before Ivy Jane was born to create a treasure hunt for the kids - and so he went and bought a treasure chest, necklaces and "treasures" (aka rocks that were blue and white crystals), and even made his own gold de' blumes out of his old poker chips, which he took and spray painted gold (these were pretty much the coolest thing ever).  Then, he went and dug and put the chest in the ground over at the park behind our house, and then created a map for the kids and him and my brother Kevin took them and dug it up and brought their treasure home!  The kids were SO excited, and I was so impressed.  I wish I would have taken a picture of them or had went with them, but as I was enduring contractions in the very hot heat I didn't that day! Oh well - we are still loving the treasure chest and the treasures!

#2:
2 Sundays ago I came downstairs to Chip sitting at the table, needle and thread in hand, boys sitting next to him with super excited looks on their faces....upon asking what they were doing I found out they were making sock puppets.  What?! Another surprise to me he wasn't even just glueing on the buttons for the eyes, but was actually sewing them on to the socks, and had gotten stuff to make hair on the heads, and also used 2 buttons and then a rhinestone for the eyes!  These were mighty impressive sock puppets I am telling you!  And then the best part was they all put on a sock puppet show.  It was awesome, and the boys LOVED it!  I realize maybe there daddy is a lot more fun than mommy and also every bit as creative, altho he would say otherwise.  It really was so cool, and I only wish once again I had taken pictures.....or even been awake enough to fully enjoy the sock puppet show (as Ivy and I pretty much slept through it on the couch!)

#3:
Doing Boy things like washing the cars!!!  The boys love to be included  and help their daddy out and I actually have pictures of them washing the car from last weekend because Grammy took them!!!  So much fun!!!










#4:
He takes the kids ALL the time out to the park, or grocery shopping,to Lowes Build and Grow,  or on walks, etc etc.  He is not afraid of taking the 2 boys alone anywhere, and in fact likes to take them out and do things with them.  I love this about him!  He also reads to them and sings primary songs and hymns at night to them and it is great for them to have such an awesome example in their lives.

So honey - we may not have got to give you hugs and kisses in person yesterday, or rub your feet and feed you a yummy dinner, but we did celebrate you and we LOVE you and are so glad you are our daddy/husband!!!  Happy Fathers Day and we all look forward to this next weekend so we can celebrate!!!

No comments: