Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Heart Aches!!!


To have my BEAUTIFUL MOM back again here.  She only left 2 hours ago, and yet I feel and have felt ever since she left like a piece of my heart got yanked out.  I am not sure why this time was so much harder than any others.  I always get sad when she leaves or I have been visiting Utah and then we leave, but never before have I really had a breakdown over it.  And this time was different - since last week I have been dreading this Tuesday EVERY time I thought of it coming.  It just made me sad. I bawled like a little baby when I gave her a hug goodbye, and then when I got in the car I couldn't stop crying for about 45 minutes afterward either.  I was just so sad she was gone.  I felt suddenly so lonely, so helpless, so vulnerable.  Cash informed me that I didn't need to be too sad because he would be here every day to help me with anything I need.  Thank goodness because maybe that is part of why I was so sad - I am overwhelmed with how I can function and take care of my 3 little kiddos!  I need 2 strollers to go anywhere outside, 2 shopping carts at the grocery store, 2 adults to help so 1 can hold baby and 1 can get the boys things they need, stop arguments, play hide and seek, get drinks and snacks, etc etc.  Pretty much I need my helper back.  But it wasn't just that she was the most AMAZING helper that makes me miss her so bad this time.  It is mostly the Best Friend I miss the most!  I miss being able to just talk to her and the night times after the kids are in bed when it is just us.  The one on one face time I get with her that I didn't always treasure as a kid.  I miss the back rubs that she gave me every night to try to help my horrible pains from my vertebrae that are out of alignment, I miss making popcorn and sitting on the couch looking at Ivy and just laughing and talking about whatever comes up.  I miss hearing her play with my kids and see them just adore her and want her to do things with them instead of me like go to the park and on walks and play games and sing songs and tuck them into bed.  My kids adore her probably ALMOST as much as me and that was hard to let go of today!!!  I am SOOOOO grateful for the time I did get to have her out here - for the things I learned as a mother and as a person from her, for the great example she is to me in ALL areas of life, and for ALL the help and service and fun she provided while she was here.  I can hardly wait another few weeks til we get to see her again!  I love you mom!  Thanks for a wonderful 2.5 weeks!

Hard to believe she held me like this 31 years ago.  She still has the magical touch!  Ivy Jane is one lucky little girl to have such an AMAZING Grammy!

What lucky grandkids to have such a fun and hands-on Grammy!

These two are REALLY going to miss her too!  They adore her SO SO SO Much!

Cash kept asking Grammy to take his picture - and then after she would he would say - maybe just one more, maybe just one more!!!


She was a great example to me of working out, being in shape, and just getting stuff done too! I love this about her!  I love that she is so active and can do so much!

 She taught Cash how to do this ladder thing at the park - and he really can't wait to show his daddy how he can do it now!


This little guy LOVES grammy so much and when she just left yesterday to pick up my car he cried for about 10 minutes after wanting her to come back.  My feelings exactly Griffi!

Having fun at the park with Grammy!

 Cash and Griffin went to the park almost daily with her!

So much fun!  And Grammy was great to take all the pictures!


 Ivy Jane turned 3 weeks yesterday and we all think she has already grown so much!


 Ivy with her beautiful grammy rosen!

She realized she didn't have many pictures with her last night so we took a few!

I love both these girls SOOOOOO much!


 Sleeping on Grammy last night!  

Grammy took these last 2!  And looking at them once again I feel overwhelmed!


Overwhelmed with LOVE for my 3 amazing kiddos, and also overwhelmed with how I am going to manage on my own without the daily help from my own mom!  She is the best and I just wish we lived closer to her!


WE LOVE YOU GRAMMY ROSEN!!!! THANKS FOR COMING!!!!

No comments: